Xroads/brAzil
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Trottinette électrique OCEAN DRIVE A9 avec clignotants
299.99 € 599.99 €
Voir le deal

The Ronettes

3 participants

The Ronettes Empty The Ronettes

Message  Hugues Mer 3 Mai - 21:28

The Ronettes B000003BDO.01.LZZZZZZZ
Hugues
Hugues
Langue pendue

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

The Ronettes Empty Re: The Ronettes

Message  Hugues Mer 13 Juin - 20:09

Une des plus belles chansons de tous les temps:

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUO7F2xjzw

(par une des chanteuses les plus sexy de tous les temps, Veronica Bennett, aka Ronnie Spector)

Dernière édition par le Sam 9 Fév - 1:53, édité 3 fois
Hugues
Hugues
Langue pendue

Message  Lee Harvey Oswald Jeu 14 Juin - 0:08

Il en est ou dans son procès ? gun
Lee Harvey Oswald
Lee Harvey Oswald
Langue pendue

Message  BOOM BOOM Jeu 14 Juin - 14:50

Lee Harvey Oswald a écrit:Il en est ou dans son procès ? gun
le parquet a décidé de ne pas requerir la peine de mort contre lui mais il risque de longues années sous les verrous.
BOOM BOOM
BOOM BOOM
Langue pendue

Message  BOOM BOOM Jeu 14 Juin - 15:02

Hugues a écrit:Une des plus belles chansons de tous les temps: Be My Baby

(par une des chanteuses les plus sexy de tous les temps, Veronica Bennett, aka Ronnie Spector)
vraiment là,je me demande si quelqu'un peut dire le contraire......Que penses tu de son album de 2006"the last of the rock stars"? Elle se debrouille tres bien sans Philou.
BOOM BOOM
BOOM BOOM
Langue pendue

Message  Hugues Jeu 14 Juin - 15:12

BOOM BOOM a écrit:vraiment là,je me demande si quelqu'un peut dire le contraire......Que penses tu de son album de 2006"the last of the rock stars"? Elle se debrouille tres bien sans Philou.

Je ne sais pas, je ne l'ai pas acheté. J'ai hésité en fait. En écoutant les extraits, j'ai trouvé qu'elle avait un peu perdu de son charme vocal (autrefois extraordinaire), mais je peux me tromper.

Aujourd'hui, le Best of the Ronettes mentionné plus haut est dans mon Top 5 de tous les temps, car la voix de Veronica et la musique de Spector, c'est imparable. Rien que pour ça, son dernier album mérite l'intérêt - ça et puis la reprise de "All I Want", chanson d'Amy Rigby! drunken
Hugues
Hugues
Langue pendue

Message  Hugues Lun 26 Nov - 17:55

The Ronettes: "He Did It" (du coffret Rhino Girl Group Sounds).

Avant que Veronica Bennett ne rencontre Phil Spector, elle et ses cousines enregistraient du rock'n'roll. Et le titre "He Did It", enregistré pour le label Colpix en 1962 (qui ne paraîtra que 3 ans plus tard), est signé? Je vous le donne en mille: Jackie DeShannon/Sharon Sheeley.

Sharon Sheeley? Elle a beaucoup écrit en tandem avec Jackie DeShannon (elle-même de son vrai nom : Sharon Lee Myers), sur la recommandation d'Eddie Cochran (dont Sheeley a co-écrit le fameux "Somethin' Else", excusez du peu). Sheeley était d'ailleurs, avec Gene Vincent, dans l'auto qui coûta la vie à Cochran lors de la tournée anglaise de 1960. On doit, entre autres, à Sharon Sheeley le titre "Poor Little Fool", qui fut un succès pour Ricky Nelson en 58.

Le label RPM a eu l'excellente initiative de réunir 28 démos d'artistes divers (Glen Campbell, PJ Proby, Delaney Bramlett, etc...), tous co-écrits par Sharon Sheeley, la plupart avec Jackie DeShannon d'ailleurs, sur ce CD:

The Ronettes E25005zh2ls
Hugues
Hugues
Langue pendue

Message  Hugues Mar 5 Mai - 9:02

Je me demandais si les Ronettes étaient noires ou blanches: réponse, entre autres intéressantes informations, dans cet excellent article trouvé sur ce site appelé Creative Loafing:

Portrait in black & white
Are the Ronettes more than just another brick in the wall of sound?

Published 01.31.07 By Judy Cole

On March 13, 1960s' classic girl group the Ronettes will be inducted into the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame. While the Ronettes had its share of hits, including "Be My Baby," "Walking in the Rain," "Baby I Love You," "The Best Part of Breaking Up," and "I Can Hear Music," unlike other the quintessential black-chick acts that defined the era, such as the Shirelles, the Chantels and the Supremes, it was impossible to wedge the Ronettes into a neat, homogenized racial pigeonhole.

The Ronettes' lead singer Ronnie Spector, born Veronica Eve Bennett, and her sister, Estelle, had a black/Native American mom and a white dad. The group's third member, Bennett cousin Nedra Talley, was a blend of Hispanic and black. Light-skinned enough to pass (in her autobiography, Spector recounts an incident in which she, Estelle and Nedra were already seated and being served in a Southern restaurant when their mothers entered, only to be told, "No blacks allowed"), the Ronettes' exotic appearance was a double-edged sword. Simultaneously rendering the group more mysterious, earthy, and ultimately, more sexy than their peers, it was arguably this very element of multi-ethnic incongruity that made them less acceptable to American Bandstand-programmed white mainstream audiences, who expected black performers to fit the mold of the narrow, well-defined roles and stereotypes ascribed them.

"There were girl group hits before the Ronettes," wrote Canadian critic Carl Wilson in a 2003 feature for the Toronto Globe & Mail, "but Ronnie Spector was the first woman in rock to provoke anything like the hysteria that Elvis had caused." Indeed, at one of the Ronettes' early Apollo Theater appearances, a race riot of West Side Story proportion nearly erupted as rival black and Hispanic gangs paired off in a turf war, each claiming these "sistahs" as their own.

Dubbed "the original bad girl of rock & roll," by her own account, Spector was more wild child than enfant terrible during the group's halcyon days at New York's Peppermint Lounge and legendary disc jockey Murray the K's Brooklyn Fox Theater rock & roll revues, but even then, she understood the impact of image. Whether carefully cultivated or not, the group's kabuki-esque persona of huge hair, tight skirts and impossibly lacquered eyes became their trademark. In her autobiography Spector says, "Being half-breeds, we were born different, so we figured the one thing that set us apart from the other groups was our look. We just took the look we were born with and extended it. A lot of people have commented that [we] looked Chinese. Maybe we did, but it wasn't conscious. If we copied anything, it was the girls in Spanish Harlem who walked around with thick eyeliner and teased hair. That's what we saw [growing] up, so we brought it into our act. Of course, we exaggerated it because everything onstage has to be bigger than life, but when people ask me where we got our street image, I always tell them we got it from the streets."

But the savvy teen also understood that style without substance was not enough to make it to the record charts, so like a beehived Liza Dolittle, she sought out the Henry Higgins the Ronettes required to put them over the top. It was a decision that would both elevate and haunt her.

That the group flourished and finally broke nationally, thanks to Ronnie's association with former husband and producer, "Wall of Sound" pioneer Phil Spector, goes without question. Under his wing, the group released its breakthrough single, "Be My Baby," and soon after, was touring as the number one-rated pop group in England, headlining over such acts as the Rolling Stones and Yardbirds, and sharing the bill with the Beatles on its final U.S. tour. That the Spectors' relationship eventually devolved into one of rock's best-publicized meltdown/breakups, as Phil famously morphed from mentor to tormentor, is also a matter of record. Yet with the union's demise, the inevitable question arose: Were the Ronettes a black group created by the dreams, vision and drive of a black woman, or were they merely a black girl group molded by the hand of a white Svengali?

While there is speculation that Phil Spector quashed earlier attempts to induct the Ronettes into the Hall of Fame, falling back on the old, "without me, they'd be nothing" refrain, in the end, there can be no question that it was Ronnie Spector who provided the raw talent, created the look, and set the events in motion that brought the Ronettes to the fore -- and it is she who may have the last word as her now infamous ex awaits trial for murder in California. In the cut, "Girl From The Ghetto," from her just-released CD, The Last of the Rockstars, Spector sings, "I hope your cell is filled with magazines/On every page there's a big picture of me/And underneath the picture the caption will read/Not bad for a girl from the ghetto like me."
Hugues
Hugues
Langue pendue

Message  Hugues Mar 5 Mai - 9:14

Hugues
Hugues
Langue pendue

Message  Hugues Mar 5 Mai - 9:23